The supply PCBs arrived yesterday and I started soldering the parts on. Two of these will go towards the Prologue 2.0 build for the 12V and 6V heaters, the other two are for future use. I have some toroid transformers laying around that will be used for these supplies. The PCBs are $3.50 each on ebay, better than any breadboard I would cook up.
So the excuse I used to convince myself to pull the trigger on this is that it is a birthday present to myself. Can't wait to try this thing out; it would eleviate the testing of all the tubes I have here with no info for the used (or are they new) ones.
NB: This will allow me to publish accurate measurements on the different VT52 types as well.
Ordered a some bias regulator kits and DHT filament regulators from Rod Coleman. The bias regulators will go into the Prologue 2.0 output stage as well as the planned DHT amps at a later date. The filament regulators will be for those same DHT amps, giving me a total of six Coleman Regulators now, a set for each stage.
Ordered some of Pete Millett's high voltage regulator boards for the same amp so I can get everything quiet; a no hassle amp and I haven't really played with regulated B+ supplies all that much. This will also allow me to get away with using a single choke in the B+ and then branching off to the L/R channels. I don't feel like making complete mono supplies for this little amp, so I'm not going all-out and only using parts that I have on hand (which is a lot, so don't feel sorry for me).
Setting up a new site was never my favorite job, but I guess I needed to bite the bullet. My old html site at the previous host was getting clobbered with attacks which is why I took it down for a while, promissing to be back soon.
Don't mind the mess for now: I am trying to settle in with the new CMS software and also deciding what I will put back up from the old site. No doubt the DIY projects and most of the tube measurements I did, just not sure on the personal stuff etc. Time will tell.